Hellooooo! So here's an update, ya'll.
I'm moving right along! I'm yearning for the first trimester to me done with so I can have more energy and feel better! This photo was a little funny when we shot it because I don't have a bump but definitely feel a little bit more "fluff" than normal. Lack of working out maybe? haha
PHYSICAL: Aside from no bump, 10 weeks has been pretty good to me. Woohoo! I'm feeling better than I was - that's for dang sure! However, I still don't feel AWESOME and still have the same 'ol fatigue here and there. At 9 weeks 6 days on December 26, I woke up with inflamed hips and thought it was from the light number of squats, leg lifts, and kickbacks I had done the previous day. NOT the case! For the next two days my hips were achey which I soon realized my body is preparing to give birth...hello!
MENTAL: This is a mental game for sure! I'm so so grateful I don't have to work full time and give HUGE props to those pregnant mamas that do! It's hard for me to fathom the idea of having a 9-5 and actually surviving the first trimester
SPIRITUAL: We're praying for baby and asking for very specific things in the baby's health such as perfect eyes, hearing, heart, and all things.
FOOD: My appetite is pretty consistent, although I get full on smaller portions than normal. Non pregnant...pssch I can eat more than some men! #ilovefood
I don't obssess over diet and frankly don't "diet". Ila and I strongly believe in food as a lifestyle. I've watched various people "diet" and fluxuate with their weight rather than have a cheat day or two or include "moderation" in their food choices instead of extreme "cutting out". Of course, different personalities work for different people. For us, however, choosing a whole food diet with a cheat meal or day or little treat is better than going off the band wagon as most of us are guilty of.
The below are just some of my food choices for meals and snacks. I hope this helps! Or as Kai would say "lunch" for every meal. : )
REMEMBER protein, fat, and fiber at every meal!
1. Gluten free organic quick cooking oatmeal with organic blueberries or apple and chopped organic nuts
2. Protein smoothie with greens and fruit (add organic peanut butter or other nut butter and be sure you have protein in there and not just fruit)
3. 2-3 organic pasture raised eggs with sea salt on sourdough toast with avocado and berries.
1. Green salad with veggies and a protein
2. Protein smoothie
3. Nitrite/Nitrate free turkey meat, hummus and carrots, 1/2 an avocado, a couple slices of apple
***With keeping your weight in mind and for blood sugar purposes, choose apples, pears, and berries over other high sugar fruits.
1. Protein, salad, veggies (can add rice w/ coconut oil)- so yum!
2. Organic Soup- there are TONS of easy-to-make healthy recipes out there and so yum! Also great for leftovers!
***Your dinner meal can/will determine a lot of your weight gain. But remember to be gracious with yourself as well as smart for you and baby. : )
1. Spoonful of Organic peanut butter
-Sprouts makes a good one without sugar. CHECK YOUR LABELS! DO NOT SKIMP ON NON ORGANIC NUT BUTTERS! PAY THE EXTRA MONEY IF FEASABLE.
2. Tblsp of protein powder in applesauce
-May sound crazy but if you have a solid protein powder and need a quick little pick me up try this. I don't recommend flavored proteins with this...I tried it, and it was NOT a memorable experience. Good laugh though!
3. Sliced apples and peanut butter
4. Hard boiled egg w/ Himalayan Sea Salt- If you can stomach eggs, do your very very best to have at least 2 eggs per day. This is a great little pre bedtime snack and helps balance out your blood sugar for the morning. This has saved me! (But I ike eggs...so there you have it!)
Now that I'm feeling better, I finally started my boxing membership again and I can't tell you how excited I am to get my sweat on and build back some muscle! The classes I'm taking are either boxing, kickboxing, or cardio/boxing. I can pretty much do everything besides crunches and oblique work. However, it is important to strengthen your deep core. Even if I don't feel like working out and have no energy at all, I do my very best to get my butt in the gym because it gives me such an incredible boost of energy. It's just so worth it! Just remember, active mamas produce healthy babies but ALWAYS listen to your body! : )
That's all for now!
Comment below with questions!