Happy Holidays from Nashville, mamas!
Today I wanted to share holiday card tips in a Q+A format, as well as some actual shots from our family shoot. Holiday cards can be unnecessarily tough and expensive to execute, and they shouldn't be! With these tips and some photo inspiration, we hope the day is anything but that. This year, we hope your Christmas card photoshoot is a fun and celebratory event that serves as a snapshot in time of your family, especially your kids as they grow. With that, we take Christmas cards to heart and hope these tips help you get the most out of your holiday cards this season!
I'm often asked my opinion and recommendation for diapers. I just love the idea that I can now recommend Diaper Dabbler to parents who are searching for the right diapers! They even have my favorite biodegradable diapers, Eco By Naty! Click HERE for Diaper Dappler's list of "Diaper Brand Research and Information."
With over 20 brands of diapers to choose from, Diaper Dabbler makes it easy to sample a handful of diapers before buying a whole pack. It's a great way to save money because you really don't know what is going to work for YOUR baby. I feel, with most things, it is a total preference, no matter how many reviews you read. They are packaged in 3-diaper packs and make it super convenient to choose the RIGHT DIAPER.
Aleva Naturals Baby Wipes. Yes, it's true- I'm a baby product snob. Well, product snob in general. I am very particular with what I use on my baby's skin. Aleva Naturals wipes are just that- particular! A sample set came with the diapers. These bamboo baby wipes are legit and COMPLETELY FREE of the following:
They contain natural and organic oils. Plus, they are biodegradable in TEN DAYS! You gotta love that!!
Stretch Marks Got You Down?
TOP Choice Award 2016
2015 Creative Child Awards
To name a few...
This product contains absolutely no BPA or Phthalates.
Thank you to Gugu Guru for making it easy to find products I love that are customized specifically to me.
I hope you guys found this helpful in your decision making either for yourself or for a new mama you get to spoil. : )
Lots of Love,
With Christmas literally around the corner, now is the time to begin planning your family holiday cards. While there are many details involved in planning Christmas cards, I wanted to focus on mama today. God only knows we deserve to be pampered for all of the hard work that we do. Why not make the pampering scheduled on the day that you can show it off? On your holiday card, of course!
Thus, in this post, I will be talking about MOMMY'S holiday card look: how to look and feel your best for your holiday card photos. This year, I felt amazing and beautiful (despite being heavier than I normally am), and you know what, I deserve to look and feel amazing. I work my booty off as a mama and a lot of the time I don't get to dress up or be pampered as much as I would like to. Therefore, make this day not only about your family, but also about you. You deserve it, girl.
In this post, I will share an overview of my holiday card:
- Exercise + Nutrition
If you know me personally, you know that I am passionate about makeup and pretty much wear a full face of makeup daily, so I figured I'll start by sharing my favorite holiday makeup routine.
- Primer: MAC Prep + Prime
- Foundation: Clinique Super Balanced (no SPF) AND Mac Studio Face + Body
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
- Mineral Powder: Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
- Bronzer: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish
- Blush: MAC Powder Blush "Peaches"
- Cheek Highlighter: MAC 'Mineralize' Skinfinish
- Eye Primer: MAC Eyeshadow Brule
- Eye Shadows: MAC Warm Neutral Times 15 Eyeshadow Palette
- Eye Liner: MAC Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara: MAC 'In Extreme" Dimension - 3D Black Lash' Mascara
- Fake Eyelashes: MAC 36 Lash
- Eye Lash Glue: Any; I like MAC best. Duh
- Eye Brow Kit: Anastasia Beverly Hills Five Item Brow Kit (If you haven't colored in your brows, talk to someone about this kit at Nordstrom. I can't live without and it literally change the shape of my face. Amazing.)
- Includes: Brow Shadow, Brow Brush, Brow Mascara + Tweezers
- Start with a light moisturizer. Apply a tiny bit to your face and neck. You don't want to over-do-it with product. Also, do NOT use sunscreen because it shows up shiny in photos.
- Apply a light primer. Just a tad.
- Apply concealer to the top of your eyelids, center of forehead, around top of eyebrows, and down the top of your nose. See photo below (the concealer is the white part), but also apply to top of eyelids - from eyelash line to eyebrow -, which isn't shown. Do NOT yet apply concealer underneath eyes. You will do this after you complete your eye makeup. Also, I always use a brush to apply makeup. Blend it in. Blending is crucial. You must blend properly and fully.
5. Apply eye shadow. I generally do a lighter, shimmery color on my eyelid. Blend. Then I add a darker, warm/brown color to the crease of my eye. Blend that in by making somewhat of a "V" shape, blending the crease and along the outer lash line, slightly with the color on the lid. Add one more color, slightly different but maybe in between the other two colors. Apply to the crease along that bone and down along lash line. *See image below for a similar look.
7. Apply winged eyeliner. See shape below.
9. Apply remaining concealer to the bottom of eye and blend with a brush. I usually tap in a repetitive motion. *See image below for under-eye concealer application technique.
11. After you apply liquid foundation, I go in with the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder to set the foundation. I do this with a big, loose brush. Again, I am careful not to blend too much of this into the "concealer" parts of my face.
12. Next, apply bronzer. You will need to know how to contour!!! This is very important to bronzer application. Contouring shapes your face and really makes your cheekbones and other sexy parts of your face "pop." I highly recommend learning how to contour. See the below image for more info. The "contouring" part, or where you apply the bronzer is along the darker dots. I use MAC Mineralize Bronzer. Using a brush, I make round motions along the designated areas you see in the photo. If the bronzer looks to "stark", you can go over it again with the powder brush to blend.
15. Next, apply a highlighter to your cheekbone in a sideways "V" shape - along your cheekbone (above blush) and up to your eyebrow. Highlighters make ALL the difference, girlfriend. Don't skip this step. See below for more info on where to apply a highlighter. I use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. It is the BOMB highlighter. I also apply highlighter down the top of my nose (lightly), on the tip of my nose and around the top of my lips. Sometimes I also apply to the inner corner of my eyes, just under my brows and to the center part of my forehead AND maybe even the butt of my nose. Man, I love highlighter.
18. Next, apply a light coat of mascara to the top (you have lashes on so you don't need to overdo the mascara). Also apply a decent coat to the bottom lashes.
19. Now for the lips. Apply the REDD liner, tracing the outer shape of your lips. I always color in the corners of my lips both on the right and left side, upper and lower. Then I add CHILI to the center of my lips. Be careful not to apply red lipstick too early because it may bleed. I applied it literally right before we got out of the car.
Presto, Gorgeous Mama!
When I use extensions, I use clip-in extensions. For this shoot, I used two large strands. Before I put the extensions in, I washed and blow-dried my hair. I then put in rollers (not hot rollers -- yet, just regular rollers) to the crown of my head to add some volume. I wore these around the house while I played with the kids. Before I started my makeup, I then put in hot rollers, just to the crown of my head. If you can't tell, I really wanted volume.
After I took the rollers out, I added the extensions in, then used a thicker curling wand to lightly curl the remainder of my hair. I wanted a loose and natural wave. At last, I added Euphora Hair Spray. Ummmm, it's the best hair spray ever. It keeps the shape and doesn't weigh down your hair.
I found my entire outfit online. It is so much easier to shop online than to go to the store. With kids it is nearly impossible to have an enjoyable and successful shopping experience, and I also find it is harder to find the things that I need in the store.
If you are in the market for a holiday outfit, Revolve has the absolute cutest stuff and the most variety of options. I knew I wanted plaid, and they had like a zillion options. I also wore Spanx under my dress, just to keep it real. And, I wore the Lagos pearl earrings that the hub got me for my bday. Below are my outfit details:
Exercise + Nutrition
For me personally, our holiday card shoot was important for many reasons. It is a memory that I will remember forever. We took the kids out to a magical Christmas Tree farm and created once-in-a-lifetime memories. I wanted to feel good and I wanted to have energy. The number one thing that helps me achieve those feelings is exercise.
In addition to mentally feeling great on such an important day, I wanted to look good and exercise helps me achieve a nice glow and literally makes me look/feel happier - which ultimately shows through in photos.
Last but not least, try and eat healthy a few days before the shoot. You'll also want to ensure that you eat healthy the day of the shoot. I opt for green smoothies. Another important part of looking and feeling healthy is hydration. Drinking enough water will make you feel good, give your energy and also help you GLOW. If you want that beautiful glow, drink up!
That's all for now, mamas. Be sure and make these holiday moments also about you. You do a lot for your family and I'm here to convince you that you deserve to look and feel your best. Enjoy the moments and be the best version of yourself!
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 leaves mint
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- sparkling water for topping
- pomegranate arils for serving
- In a glass, muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves until the leaves have broken down. Fill the glass half way with ice.
- In a blender, combine the white rum, coconut rum, and coconut milk and pulse until smooth. Pour over the ice and stir to combine. Top with sparkling water, mint and pomegranate. Drink!